Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

The X-mas tree before the opening madness began

Shovels from Santa to help Dad outside!

This was Chase's favorite present. He wore this most of the day,
including in the car. It makes Darth Vader type noises and it
gives quotes from the movie...such a boy!
Excited about his robot shirt

I love the expression on his face here
One of their favorite gifts were the lightsabers from Grandma Barb.
Not only do they light up but they also make a sword-like noise when they swing!



Luke's version of "I'm a Little Snowflake". He honestly is so musical
and loves his new Toy Story guitar!


The cousins singing "Frosty"...check out the boys'
new shirts, Chase's Lego Star Wars & Luke has a guitar shirt

Christmas morning...

Christmas this year was what you imagine your Christmas is going to be like when you're married with kids. The boys were so excited about the magic of Santa...Chase was literally 2 inches from my face while I'm sleeping and he shouts "Santa came...he left me a present in my room!" Santa left both boys books on their beds this year, I think he's going to do that every year from now on.

It was so much fun rushing down the stairs to see what was under the tree and in our stockings. We took our time opening gifts from Santa, each other and other family. They were fascinated with a gift until it was time to open the next one. The clothes were tossed aside without a second glance but they were excited to wear their new clothes so at least that was a win :) Chase's favorites were the Darth Vader helmet and Star Wars/Super Hero guys. Luke loves his guitar and dinosaurs. Blake was thrilled with his Blackhawks tickets and I love date night/dance lessons every Thursday in January!!

After our gift frenzy we headed over to Aunt Dana's to have Christmas breakfast. It was fun to see the kids and enjoy a delicious breakfast. The boys got a truckload of clothes and these fun remote control cars. We then headed home and had dinner with my mom and Dom. My mom made us a great meal and I didn't have to do any work! The boys got scooters & these awesome books that have my mom and Dom's voices recorded on them, something that we'll always treasure. It was a GREAT holiday!!

No comments: