Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grandpa's Celebration

Waiting patiently to let the balloons go
Balloon Release

At the end of June, my grandpa passed away. His wishes were to have no funeral which was a difficult thing to follow through with because there is no official goodbye. My mom and Dom decided to have a celebration picnic in honor of my grandpa's life. There were over 100 people there, many family members and friends. It was a wonderful tribute to my grandpa's life and there really was a happy, peaceful feeling to this event, rather than so much sadness about him not being there. My mom and Dom did a great job putting the picnic together and we all agree that my grandpa was smiling down at us, wishing that he could have been there too. We released 86 balloons in honor of his 86 years of life. It gave me a feeling of peace which is what I needed to move on.


No comments: