Sunday, August 17, 2008

4th Grade?!?

My principal called me on 8/7 to say that he thought Kim (my job share partner) and I would be better suited to teach 4th grade this year rather than 3rd. My initial response was anxiety and sadness about a change in grade level. I am still nervous about balancing working part-time and doing a good job teaching a new curriculum but I'm sure once I get in the swing of things I'll get used to it. I know that I have a supportive team that will help me with the millions of questions that I'm bound to have.

Kim and I "finished" setting up our room and it is full speed ahead now with the real work-what am I going to teach on the first day of school??? We start this Wednesday (8/20) and work 3 full days without the kids. Monday the 25th is my first day with the kids, working in the afternoons only. I am still having mixed emotions about going back. Luke isn't taking a bottle very well so I'm nervous about him not eating enough during the day. I know that he'll eat when he's hungry but that is easier said than done.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jess- you will do an AWESOME job, and think of this way- you'll get to see the fruits of all your labor from teaching 3rd grade- see how they apply it in 4th grade!

Happy late birthday, by the way! :)

Have a great week- hopefully our paths will cross....