Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Rain, Then Play, Finally Mud

This is what our back yard looked like when I woke up the morning before our playdate. I couldn't believe that there could be that much standing water in our backyard. To think that we when we were considering buying the house, the previous owner stated that there was never any water in the back. Yeah right.


We ended up having some friends over the following day and it was such a nice time. My girlfriends Maria, Natalie and Andria came over with their kids and we ate, talked, and played. This is exactly what I dreamed of when I thought of summer on those long days at school, meaningful time with friends and all of our kids playing nicely together. It was great.


Luke, Breena, Chase (top) & Mary, Charlie, CeCe (bottom)
Teagan had already headed home for the day so she's not in the group shot :(

Charlie and Chase playing baseball

Eating lunch and playing
I initially mentioned the rain from the previous day because it ended up coming into play. The kids ended up doing some "digging" in the mud and were filthy. When everyone left, I literally carried the boys upstairs and placed them into the tub...they loved it!
Check out his legs

He literally had mud in his eye!

No comments: