Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Fever 2009

Inside the stocking

Checking out his new toothbrush


Showing off their new Handy Manny and Cars figures


Luke's all time favorite gift-a vacuum


Happy about the Elmo police lego set


Well, some things about Christmas this year were what I anticipated they would be...leaving out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, discovering that Santa had come and left gifts, and the pure excitement of the new toys that were left by Santa. However, what I didn't anticipate was Luke having a fever around 102 for 4 days (including X-mas Eve and day) and just having an overall miserable little boy for all of this time.


It turns out he had an ear infection but since it was the holidays, I didn't have the opportunity to take him to the doctor until day #4 of this. It was very tough trying to enjoy Chase and all of his excitement (and boy, was he excited) with Luke wimpering and crying for me at every moment. He absolutely only wanted me which made it hard for everyone. He is finally acting more like himself again, although he now wants me to hold him all of the time... I'm hoping next year might be a bit more "merry" and allow us to see everyone in our family since we didn't get to this year.

No comments: