Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Summer Adventures

A picnic in our "clubhouse"

So, since my first day back to school is tomorrow, I thought I would throw all of my summer pictures into one post and be done! All in all, it has been the best summer that I've spent with the boys. Don't get me wrong, we had some rough days together but a lot more good times than bad. I definitely have the back to school blues. I know it will pass and we'll get back into our school routine but I think I'll always prefer our summer routine better.


Enjoying our picnic

My future hockey player


Bath time bubbles are a MUST for Luke


When we were at my in-laws, this butterfly landed on my niece's towel,
how cool is that?

Enjoying a slide at the Riverwalk park


Chase was in a water extravaganza class through the park district


A great splash park in Woodridge


A get-a-way with my college friends. Although we were missing one of
the bunch, it was so great to reconnect with each other and see how
much ISU has changed since we've left. It was one of MY best
days of summer :)

Kidstown in Wheaton was a great place that we discovered and had a blast
at with our playgroup. The kids were very entertained by all
there was to do and play with. We'll definitely go back.

Filling up the car with gas


Chase and Jovani, one of our playgroup friends, dressed
up on the Kidstown stage!


Back to Blackberry Farm with our daycare provider, Cathy and a
lot of her kids and their moms. It was a fun day being with the kids that
Chase and Luke hang out with on a daily basis at her house.

Doria, Anthony (Chase's best buddy), Chase & Brendan


Cathy with ALL of the kids!


Hanging out watching a Kane County Cougars game


We also went with Cathy down to the Planetarium. The kids
had fun exploring space and they learned a lot. In this picture,
Chase is sitting in a rocket, about to blast off.

Chase controlling his "rover", it was very fun.


Hanging out at my friend Kim's pool



I think these 3 are going to be the 3 Musketeers. Payton and Tyler
are our neighbors and Chase can't get enough of them. Tyler also
has a little brother that is the same age as Luke. We really enjoy
the boys' parents and are so thrilled to have friends on the block.
I think these boys will be friends for life, they will all start
kindergarten next school year.

No comments: