Thursday, April 22, 2010

Terrible 2's

So today we made an appointment with our pediatrician because I was convinced that there had to be something medically wrong with Luke due to his behavior. Turns out, it is just his whiny demeanor that is the problem, not an ear infection.

Lately things with Luke seem to escalate at the drop of a hat, if he doesn't get what he wants the second he demands it, then it turns into a crying fit that usually ends up with him hitting the person that didn't meet his needs quick enough. During the week, it seems so much worse because all he does is whine and cry all morning before work and then there is a repeat performance that evening. I remember going through this with Chase but it all seems fuzzy in my mind, obviously something that I've subconsciously blocked out. I'm so sad that Luke has become more of a chore lately than a pleasure. I'm sure we'll get through this, I know that things come in phases but I'm ready for this phase to be done!

1 comment:

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

Yeah.... I totally know.... But someday it will just be memories, and you'll probably still remember the nice things about him better than the whining, hitting and tantrums!