Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Ready to go...spiderman backpack is on!
Coloring his "placemat" for snack time each day

What a good listener!!
Circle time...he's looking at me with the cutest smile!
Singing the goodbye song
Today was Chase's first day of preschool. I found myself tearing up throughout the entire morning I was there...get a grip, I know! We talked in the morning about remembering to use our best manners and say hello to new friends and teachers. I told him that I know he is such a good listener and I'm sure his teachers would think so too. He definitely lived up to my expectations!
The morning was just an hour and the parents actually stayed in the classroom. A typical day is 2 hours, twice a week. Chase was a little clingy at first but when the parents and kids separated, he did well and only came over to us a few times. He seemed so brave and I was so proud of him for that. He was smiling and listening to all of the directions that were given. He was quiet and calm but there was an underlying excitement and curiousity in his eyes. I wish that I was able to take him and pick him up everyday to hear about his day immediately but I know that Blake will keep me informed. This morning was definitely worth taking the day off for.

No comments: