Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Under Contract???

Well, the day has finally come that we have a contract on our house, I truly can't believe it. It has been over a year of shoving nick knacks in drawers, throwing laundry baskets full of things into cars, and frantically cleaning every nook and cranny of the house, hoping that would make someone want to buy it. After 3 offers between $60,000-$90,000 below our asking price, we sold our house $8,000 below our asking price, thank goodness.

Blake and I are both feeling excited but cautious because we still have to pass the home inspection and appraisal for the contract to truly be valid. It's something that brings such mixed emotions for us. This house was our "dream" home on paper but in reality, our "dream" is being together and doing what make us happy, not living in THE house. This opportunity will allow Blake to go back to school and get his teaching degree which in the long run will be such a wonderful thing for our family.

With the house set to close on August 17th, yes, 1 month away and it also just happens to be my first day of the school year, we have so much to do. We have to pack this place which overwhelms me just thinking about it, find our new house, and figure out where to stay during our limbo time between the 2 houses. I truly have a migraine headache thinking about all of the unknowns in the next month. I am going to put on a positive attitude (or at least try) and know that we will make it through this and come out happy, I hope :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Excellent news! I'm so happy for you guys... yes, the fun now begins. You'll be fine. Just think of how it'll allll be over in a couple short months!

Geri said...

Oh, Jess, this is awesome news! Sure, it means that you'll be living in chaos for a while...and that chaos is nothing I envy, for sure. But just keep your eye on the prize, girl! It will make everything better for you all eventually!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you until the 17th of August when it's official!!